Thursday, May 25, 2017

Madeline's High School Graduation

The last Saturday of April we celebrated Madeline's high school graduation.  I am very behind posting on here because we have literally had something every week since!
 

We had a private graduation ceremony with a few close friends and family.  We did the same thing when McKenzie graduated.  (Matthew opted for a trip instead! :)


I couldn't have pulled it off without  my sweet McKenzie!  We used a small local church to host it.  She and I went on Thursday and unloaded our stuff and then spent all day Friday getting ready!  I hired someone to make the cake, a dear friend "Aunt Donna" made her famous wedding cookies, and the rest of the food was on us! McKenzie and Mariah spent the entire Saturday morning putting sandwiches together.  I love my girls!!!

 

McKenzie is always so thoughtful to get meaningful things for her sisters since my mom has died.  It was very sad thinking back to McKenzie's graduation when she had my mom there to celebrate with us.

This table was set up to show some of Madeline's accomplishments.  Some of her published articles were displayed and her piano trophies where she competed in festivals.


She has been an amazing student!  She not only finished high school but she graduated the same spring with her Associates in Journalism!  She has kept a very high GPA and was in the Phi Theta Kappa honor society for her academics. All of this and she has managed part time work with a local newspaper, taught private piano lessons, and has been my right arm at home!  Most of all though... I am proud of what a Godly young lady she has grown up to be.  She has such a sweet spirit about her!


The pastor from the church we have been attending did a wonderful job as the speaker! 

 
 Marc spoke for a few minutes after that and presented her with her diploma.


McKenzie talked a little about her piano accomplishments and introduced the piece she would be playing.


She did a beautiful job!


Madeline with her cousin Carrington.  They are only five months apart!


So thankful that my dad is still here to see my kids grow up!




I was thankful for the old friends that showed up to celebrate with us.  It meant a lot that they all traveled a distance to come.






 
Thankful.....


Taking a break to open her gifts from McKenzie.


A very tired daddy with a van full of tired little boys.... loading up the loot! :)


 
Thankful for the sweet memories that were made.... now it's on to her college graduation coming up next week!

1 comment:

essay best said...

Very nice photographs and a wonderful ceremony! Many congratulations to her on her graduation. May God gives her success at every step.