Thursday, July 28, 2016

Beach Trip 2016

Just a couple of weeks before McKenzie's due date, we took off for the beach.  I was so nervous she was going to go into labor while we were gone,  but the timing of all of it couldn't have been more perfect!
 
 
Our annual beach trip picnic.  When you don't eat at most fast food restaurants you tend to pack your own food for trips. :)
 
 
Our van felt SO empty! :(  McKenzie and Daniel were able to go to the beach with us last year.  This year not only were they missing, but Matthew got left behind.  Growing up stinks.... probably more for me than for them!
 

As soon as we unpacked the van the kiddos hit the beach!


Macheus always doing his own thing!



 
 Attempting a picture with all three of the boys.  Never works out too well. :)


Madeline has really enjoyed her summer break!  School starts back next Monday for all of us.


Malachi missed having his big brother to play with.




I sure love these two girls!


 
"Say cheese!"

Every year we have done a birth order picture on the beach.  This year it turned out fabulous! :)


                        Enjoying the days of him being "mommy's boy"!

 
I ran on the beach every afternoon while the rest of them took a break from the heat.  It was so peaceful.  Jekyll Island is such a beautiful place.
 
 
These two have a hard time giving it up at the end of a day.
 

One of the days we went to the water park.  It was so much fun!


I didn't get many pictures because.... we were in the water the whole time!  They even had a big water slide that I could take Mac on.  We rode it together over and over again!


Myles enjoyed getting to soak everyone around him.


Waiting for the huge bucket to dump.

 
And... it did!
 




 On a little slide all by himself!

 
He slept hard at naptime!
 
 
Mariah started feeding him Oreos in his sleep trying to get him to wake up so we could go play some more!
 
 
Riding bikes is always fun to do on the island.  We rented a cool family bike.
 




I love the trees on Jekyll and St. Simons.





Drink breaks are so important when you are little! :)

 
Dinner on St. Simons Island.
 

Only on vacation do you get to eat ice cream while you wait for your dinner to be served. :)

 
 Madeline did the driving on the way home.  Marc was tired and it gave Madeline some different road experience.
 
Well, this was just a few of the pictures I took.  I miss the beach already!  The girls' trip and our family trip were both so much fun!  I love making memories with my kids, and I'm always a little blue when summer winds down and another school year is upon us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like such a fun trip, and great memories! Thanks for sharing. It makes me feel like going on a beach vacation with my family!

Bless you all!