Sunday, March 6, 2016

Happy Birthday, Madeline Grace!!!


On March 3rd, Madeline turned 17 years old!  Crazy!  It seems like she should still be about ten! :(
Marc, Mariah and I were out of town all of last week (I will blog about that later!) and we didn't get home until the middle of the night after her birthday. I was so sad missing her day.



Friday evening I took Madeline out by myself.  It was a sweet time of just getting to focus on her.


McKenzie planned a surprise birthday party for her on Saturday.  Madeline is so much like me that she kind of picked up on me acting a little odd.  I told her we were going to go pick up McKenzie and Mariah (she had spent the night to help McKenzie get ready) and we were going to go to lunch.  She didn't know for sure, but she wondered if something was up. :)


The girls did such a good job!  Everything looked so pretty and the food was yummy!
 


Some of them played a very lively game of "spoons"!
 
 
My sister and her daughter came down for the party and several sweet friends were able to make it. I was so thankful for all of the ones that traveled a distance to come celebrate with us!
 


                                                             The birthday girl.

 
                                               Sisters...... I sure do love them!


This is a very special lady to Madeline.  She is the mom/grandmother of some dear friends of ours.  We have always had someone that prays for each of our children, and there is no doubt in my mind that Mrs. Linda takes it very seriously. Madeline has loved Mrs. Linda since she was a little girl.


A couple of friends left before we took pictures.


Happy Birthday, Madeline!  You are a blessing to all that know you and much loved!!!

"One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.

 Then my head will be exalted
    above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
    I will sing and make music to the Lord.
 Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
    be merciful to me and answer me." Psalm 27:4-7

No comments: