Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter Pt 1

Easter weekend was beautiful, and I loved  spending time with my family.  McKenzie and Daniel were able to come down on Thursday evening and spend several nights with us. It was great having them home and we all enjoyed time spent together!
 
 
Easter baskets are a tradition that I grew up with and we have continued it with our children. I remember McKenzie's first Easter.  Her little pink basket held her baby socks and each year since, I have filled it for Easter.The other two girls' baskets held their baby socks too. The boys just have baskets that I bought when they were babies. I love traditions, and I think they make good memories as the kids get older.  I know I cherish the holiday memories that my mom made for me gorwing up.
 
  Years ago we moved Easter baskets to Saturday morning to keep Sunday's focus more on the meaning of Easter.  We've never told them it was from the "Easter bunny", but it is just a fun thing to do.
 

                                         "Big Kids" like candy too! :)

 
And so do "married kids"! :o)
 
 
Myles busy painting an Easter craft.


                                   Annual Easter egg dying.




Mariah skipped egg coloring to ride her horse "Candy".



Malachi was the only one that was really into it this year.


                               Macheus just wants to be FREE!











Macheus didn't care a thing about his new books..... he just went for the chocolate!

 
Early morning sugar coma! :)
 


Home sweet home.....

 
I will post Easter morning pictures next time.
 
~until then....

No comments: