Saturday, September 13, 2014

Happy Birthday, Malachi!

Malachi David turned 8!
 


Malachi is such a sweet little boy and very easy at this age.  It makes me laugh sometimes when I think about how hard he was when he was three.  There were days when I dreaded him waking up!  I never thought I would see the day when he would quietly wake up in the mornings and play by himself. :o)

He loves Legos, swimming, guns, baseball, swords and dressing up with his little brother Myles.  Myles drives him nuts sometimes but they play hard together.  He hero worships his big brother Matt.  This past summer he took over the trash chore that Matthew has been doing since he was seven.  He is a germ freak so it is a big ordeal.  He usually gags the whole time and when he comes back in he has to scrub his hands with soap!  He told me one day that he definitely did not want to be a trash man when he grows up! (He use to think that would be a cool job.)

Matthew came home from work just in time for cake and ice cream.  He surprised Malachi with a football balloon and a box of sprinkle cookies from the bakery. :o)

Because we are in wedding mode big time right now, I purposed to stop for the day and focus on Malachi.  McKenzie has been a nanny to two little boys for the past couple of years.  We all loaded up and took them with us and spent the afternoon at Monkey Joes and then had dinner at Chick fil A.  I prayed really hard that we would all be protected from germs!  I hate places like that! :o)

I am so thankful that the Lord blessed us with Malachi.  Each child is so unique and brings so much to our family.  I am humbled sometimes when I think of how much we have been blessed.

I pray that Malachi will love the Lord with all his heart and will always strive to seek Him.

"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13

No comments: