Monday, April 7, 2014

He makes me smile...

Sunday morning it was pouring down rain.  All of this rain has made everything really GREEN! 
 
 Someone needed to stay home from church this morning because of the youngest set of baby goats.  Macheus' ear has been bothering him, so I decided to keep him home and out of the rain.  Honestly, I was excited about having some time at home by myself!
 

I love this silly little boy!  He was not wanting his picture taken.  Out of the bunch that I took, most of them were goofy.
 
When the van pulled away from the house I wanted to jump up and down.  With a family the size of ours (plus an 88 year old grandpa living with us right now), quiet time by myself is something that NEVER happens.  I am not one that has to be on the go or around people all the time.  I love quiet and alone time.

 
Life is all about dying to self though.  I have struggled this week.  The kind of mom that I want to be is the kind that sacrifices and serves and does it graciously.  Some days that comes easier than others.  I feel like I have failed in that area more lately than I have been successful.  This season of not only raising my children but adding the care of an elderly parent is hard.  There are moments when it is precious and I am extremely grateful for this time with him.  I know I am doing the right thing and my children are learning that life is not about them.  Serving isn't glamorous or convenient. You do it because it is the right thing.  I know McKenzie is the servant that she is because of the sacrifices she has made over her teen years as her grandmother's health failed.  I know this quality in her will make her a better wife and mother in the years to come.  My prayer is that I won't just go through the motions of being obedient, but that I will have a heart of obedience.  There is a difference.

 
                                                            (rainy Sunday morning)


When the pecan trees have buds you know that it is spring.  They are the last to turn green.

 
I LOVE my flowers!


 
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."  Galatians 6:9

No comments: