Friday, August 9, 2013

Speaking the truth......

“The person who loves you most will tell you the most truth. One of the greatest distinguishing marks of a false prophet is that he will always tell you what you want to hear, he will never rain on your parade, he will get you clapping, he will get you jumping, he will make you dizzy, he will keep you entertained, and he will present a Christianity to you that will make your church look like a Six Flags over Jesus.
And keep you so entertained you are never addressed with great issues such as these:
Is God working in my life?
Am I growing in holiness?
Have I truly been born again?”
~Paul Washer
 
 
 
"Truth" isn't always popular and most people don't want to hear it.  Today I was thankful for someone that went out on a limb to speak the truth to me.  Sometimes the truth is hard to take but if you find yourself getting defensive it was probably something you needed to hear.  The advice I received from an older, "pioneer" in the home schooling movement was something I might not have wanted to hear, but it definitely made Marc and I reevaluate some things............... and for that I am thankful!

3 comments:

Teena said...

Hi. Just stopping by. Love reading here. I have six and one daughter in law. I remember the years with nursing babies. Oh how I miss them. My youngest are 10 & 11. Oldest 28. Dropped off 3rd born, 2nd son yesterday at the University. He will finish two years there. Oh how are hearts hurt. His younger sister is struggling. We sat and cried together last night. People will say "it is what he is suppose to do, the next step." We KNOW. But our hearts still hurt. Thanks for letting me peek in and see your life. Beautiful.

Hugs.

Teena said...

"our" not "are" :(

Marc said...

I am thankful for the people God puts in our life to help guide us along the way.