Saturday, January 26, 2013

Oh, the things they say...

I am always amazed at the things that people feel free to say when they find out we are expecting again.  Some of the comments are funny and some are down right rude!  It almost seemed like going from #4 to #5 I got the most comments, or maybe I was more sensitive back then! :o)  
I wish that I had written down the comments all along, but I thought before the pregnancy is over I would write down a few.
I think one of the funniest this time was from an old man down the road.  We live out in the country, and I have always run up and down our road.  There is a man that walks most mornings when I am out running.  I knew from his reactions with the last two babies that he thought it was odd that we were having more children.  I decided around week 18 that I needed to go ahead and break the news to him since my stomach was obviously growing!  I stopped one morning and said,  "Well, Mr.____ we are having another one." He very slowly and with zero expression said,  "Oh............ wow............... congratulations."  I know it was painful for him! :o)
Another old man down the street (the one that calls us the tribe) actually didn't act surprised.  He is however, very concerned about me running until the end.  He hollered at me the other day,  "Should you still be doing that?"  I have lots of old men looking out for me! :o)
One day when I was at Publix the young guy taking my groceries out for me asked me if I was having my first.  When I told him it was number seven he said,  "Wow, you must really like kids!"  
An old lady at a church we visited looked at all of the kids lined up in our pew and then at my stomach and said,  "You just start over and over and over."
I guess the one that is the most irritating is when people say,  "Don't you know what causes that?"  Usually men say it to Marc, but this time a man said it to me.  That was a little awkward!
Thankfully, most people are sweet.  After all, we aren't asking anybody to pay for or raise them for us! :o)
Knowing that I could go into labor any day now, McKenzie took some pictures of me last night.  I wasn't feeling like doing it at all, but I know I will be glad that I have them.  I have felt really good up until this week.    I am worn out by the evenings and my belly gets really sore.  I know it will be over soon and I am trying to cherish every minute.  My favorite time is at night watching all of the movements!

 Bathroom mirror self-portrait this morning. :o)  My belly is getting on out there!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I am a new reader of your blog of late, but hope you will allow me to leave my own response to your seventh:
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow!

Anonymous said...

You look like a skinny person with a big egg stuck to your tummy! :)
Kellie