Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe it is already Thanksgiving. Time goes by like a freight train! I thought I would share some things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for:

-my salvation
-God's mercy and forgiveness
- my husband who is a faithful man and a hard worker
-my six children. I am thankful for each one of them and what they bring to the family. Each one is so very different and very special!
-that my parents and Marc's parents are all still alive and my children can be a part of their lives.
-living out in the country
-animals that provide for our family (and some that contribute nothing but eating up our money! :o)
-my bed, nothing like laying in my bed reading after a long day!
-the beautiful weather we have been having. I do NOT enjoy cold weather!
-the privilege to home school my children. Some days I don't act like it is a privilege, but I can't imagine them being anywhere else but here with me.
-our church, I am thankful for our pastor who reinforces the things that we are teaching our children at home. I am thankful for good friends that my children have, and that they are being raised in a similar way.
-for God's protection over my family two years ago in the car accident.
-for God's protection over Mariah when she was kicked by one of our horses.
-laughter that my children (two in particular! :o) bring to our home.

Well I guess I could go on and on but I will end it there. Tonight during our family Bible time (Madeline posted about it here) Marc asked us to all name two things that we were thankful for. Everyone said things like "salvation, family, finishing the chicken pen, being together with family etc. It came time for Malachi and he said, "My toys and playing with my G.I.Joe" I kind of chuckled and said, "Wow that was deep." Matthew said, "He is only five. How deep do you think he can go?" Just sitting and listening to my children talk is such entertainment! :o)

Hope you all (if you live in the United States) have a Happy Thanksgiving! (Which makes me think....... I noticed some really interesting places on the blog map of people reading from other countries. I would love to get a comment from you and how in the world (ha ha no pun intended!) you found my little ole blog! :o)



Psalm 100



Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness:come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God:it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,and into his courts with praise:be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good;his mercy is everlasting;and his truth endureth to all generations.

1 comment:

Doris said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving from Holland! Too bad we don't celebrate Thanksgiving out here.

I found your blog a long time ago when I was looking for blogs on homemaking, homeschooling and large families. Thanks for letting me take a peek into your life and inspiring me!