Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday night ramblings...

It is late Saturday night and I am waiting on McKenzie to get home from a babysitting job. She has had a very long day. She took the SAT this morning. It was an eye-opening experience for her! She called me after she was finished and her daddy was taking her to lunch. She was shocked at the behavior and the language that was used by the other students there taking the test. I am so thankful that we have had the privilege to homeschool our children. Having one that is at the end of the journey has made me realize even more how important it is to shelter (yes, I said shelter!), protect and mold them in the formative years. Of course, now that she is grown she is beginning to venture out into the world. I love the analogy that I read years ago where someone compared homeschooling your child to raising a plant. They said you don't set out a seedling into the weather before it is strong enough to endure the storm. I firmly believe if you protect your children and train them up in the ways of the Lord that they are far more ready to weather the storms of life when they encounter them. It was kind of sad watching her leave this morning wondering where the time went, but mostly just so proud of the Godly young lady she has become.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every year I dread trying to get a decent picture to send out at Christmas. We haven't attempted a professional picture in years. Last year I even gave up the idea of a family picture. So, once again this year I told the children one morning to try to wear something red or green because I wanted to take a few pictures. I got lots of pictures...lots of pictures of a one year old looking everywhere but the camera and a very silly four year old!
I am NOT a hair person. McKenzie is the hair person around here. I wasn't too crazy about the boys hair dos, but I guess I can't complain since she put the whole thing together for me!
Trying to get the pose together.
Kind of cute, except for Myles being fascinated with his shoes! (Maybe because he rarely wears any!)
Myles was better but McKenzie looks a little too animated! :>)
Now the fun really began!
Malachi was using his arms as swords!

He really enjoys life! :>)

I don't know if you can tell in this picture but Malachi was crossing his eyes. He kept saying, "I see two mommies"
We were getting ready to change poses to see if Malachi would settle down and they picked up the cats. Malachi ended up getting scratched in the face and that was the end of the Christmas 2010 portrait shoot!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One evening after Thanksgiving Marc had us all say one thing we were thankful for about each person in our family. When it came time for Mariah to say hers she said, "I am thankful that Matthew is so good at putting up Christmas lights and if he wasn't my brother I wouldn't mind marrying him." The way she said it was so sweet and innocent. Matthew didn't think it was so cute but I thought it was precious! When she came to Malachi she said, "I am thankful for Malachi because sometimes he is nice." Such honesty...
McKenzie is home. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Giann said...

Hahaha....I would love to hear other Mariahisms!!
And I must say that Mckenzie shines very brightly!
Happy Advent!