Friday, July 9, 2010

Eat Mor Chikin!!!

Today was "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick Fil A. If you dressed as a cow you got a free meal! I was inspired last year when I saw a mother and her ten children dressed up on another blog! We planned ahead and spent $1.89 on black felt, dug out a cute little cow costume that my mom made years ago for Madeline and pulled out black and white clothes. Here is what we came up with.

Myles all dressed up and ready to go! Poor little guy was probably roasting! It was 100 degrees today!
Malachi-not too sure he liked those spots on his face!

Quickly changed his mind when he got his own sandwich (I usually split with him!) AND he got to drink sprite! Sprite is such a treat for our kids, that the younger ones went home with a stomach ache!

I HAD to post this picture. We kept bugging Marc (who was a great sport-- he didn't want to go in the first place!) and told him he looked like a floppy eared bunny!


Matthew was so funny. He came down the stairs at the house with his "ears and spots" on and said, "I would have rather just paid for my stupid meal!" He was a good sport too, although as soon as we ordered he headed to the bathroom and came out with his spots and ears stuffed in his pockets!


Free food and fun memories! :>)

3 comments:

Giann said...

My CEF Team that I am working with this summer did it today! It was fun! Unfortunately, I forgot about it but I had fun watching my teamates do dress up! haha My brother would have probably done the same thing as Matthew!

Abigail and Lydia said...

That made me laugh! Uncle Marc made a great "floppy eared bunny"! Myles looks adorable~

Love,
Lydia

Mike and Elizabeth Williams said...

Mrs. Maynor --- great family pics! The Dahlonega Chick-fil-A was packed full with "calves" and a ton of fun ...