Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday walk...

Marc and Matthew had a camping trip this weekend with Boy Scouts. McKenzie had a babysitting job all day Saturday. I told Madeline and Mariah if they would get up and help me get everything done early, we would go for a walk. McKenzie and I discovered the neatest place while bike riding one day. Way down our road, off a dirt road, sits an old house in the middle of a huge clearning. The first time I saw it, I thought of Little House on the Prairie! I have been reading through the "Little House" books with Mariah, so she had been begging to go see "The Ingalls" house.

This is an old cemetary down the road from us. Malachi kept screaming, "I want to go see Jesus's cross!" The girls were creeped out, so we didn't go down there.

This is the old house.


Malachi is always dressed up as something. He is on a"Zorro" kick right now. He has on a black cape, mud boots that are at least five sizes too big, his sister's head band (that is Zorro's mask) and his cowboy hat! :>)


This is another old house down the road. It sits on the same property as an old antebellum home. I am assuming it was a slave/servants quarters. I didn't take pictures of the home because someone lives there. :>)

Madeline was fascinated picturing who might have lived there and what their life was like.

Taking a peek inside. Right after this picture we saw a wasp's nest and quickly left!

Cattle farm down the road. We got our beef from him last year. Good grass-fed beef!








Home again, home again....

~Good night~