Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Update


Wow, only eight more weeks to go. It is amazing that it has gone by this fast, but now I feel like the days are creeping by. It is hot and I have NO energy. I go see my midwife on Monday. I arranged the appointment late in the day so my oldest can go with me. She loves going to my appointments and because she is my babysitter she doesn't get to go very often.

Here is a lovely pregnant shot that McKenzie took of me. My belly is actually a lot rounder than it looks in this picture.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other exciting news!!! Malachi is officially potty-trained. We have been accident free for several days. Thank goodness! I was beginning to think I would be buying two size diapers for the first time in my mothering career! :>) Here is a picture of him after his first time pooping on the potty. We promised him ice cream (along with lots of other things.) He was eating his icecream and talking to grandma telling her the exciting news! ( I realize nobody reading this really cares about my two year olds potty habits, but hey, this IS my blog! :>)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another funny thing kids say:

Usually it is Mariah that keeps us laughing. This time it unexpectedly came from our thirteen year old boy. Matthew was playing in the pool at grandma's house. He was playing with Madeline and he said something that was a little less than kind to her. When his dad corrected him and asked him if he was going to talk to his children like that he very seriously responded with, "No sir, I guess I am getting it out of my system now."

2 comments:

Gran said...

Good post. I didn't know Matthew had said that. That's funny. Thank God for grandchildren. They make life fun.

Abigail and Lydia said...

You look so good Aunt Marcy!:) Congradulations Malachi! "Lily Cake" can't wait to meet you!
Love,
Abigail