Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crazy Days!

The weekend after McKenzie's birthday just she and I took off for Stone Mountain. We had fun and I worked very hard to keep up with her the whole time! It was amazing what we crammed into two days, we even climbed the mountain.
On top of the mountain.


Life has been anything but dull lately! The day of McKenzie's birthday my husband drove over an hour away to buy two new Nubian goats. One of them is a pregnant female and the other is her mate. I have discovered that I don't like goats! The males smell bad, and they jump all over you. They make very strange noises and just aren't very cute! We were eating with grandparents this past weekend and Mariah proceeded to hold up a black bean and announce that that was what goat poop looked like.


Last week my very pregnant sister came to visit with her five children. Ten children and two pregnant mamas under one roof. We had a good visit and it really wasn't too much of a zoo. The worst thing that happened was Matthew hit a baseball and cracked our van's windshield. He now has a list of jobs to pay his dad back for the damages. Hard life lessons! The children all got along great except for a few minor incidents when her two year old clobbered our two year old. Malachi still talks about "Lebi (Levi) hit my head!" I guess he will be scarred for life! :>)

CousinsPregnant bellies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we all loaded up to go to piano lessons and run errands. Our very wild yellow lab was tied out on a stake. We bought a long heavy duty dog cable that was supposed to be made for large dogs. She either stays in her pen or has to be tied out because she will chase the chickens. We pulled up in the driveway and saw her sitting there. When we got out we discovered she had gone for a swim! We have an above ground pool and there was a cover over the top of it. I have no idea how she jumped in (because of the two year old we don't leave the stairs in it) and can't believe she didn't get tangled in the cover. She did all of that with the heavy cable still tied to her! We now have two holes in the top ring of the pool. Hmmm........ I guess another job to add to Matthew's list!

Some days you have to laugh to keep from crying. I think this is why the Lord gave us Mariah! Here are some of her latest.


While shopping for groceries I jokingly said, "Should we get some eggs?" (We have 40 laying hens.) She said, "Oh, our chickens would be SO jealous!"


We (or more accurately our ten year old) are potty training Malachi. The first time Mariah saw me take him tee tee she was mortified that I didn't wipe him. I told her a little boy doesn't wipe tee tee because they have a "hose". She said, "I wish I had a hose."


Today she was looking out the window just in time to see her white rooster "Tom" jump on the back of one of the hens. She shook her head with her hands on her hips and said, "Oh, that Tom! He is trying to make eggs again!" I have no idea how she even figured that much out! Nothing like animals to teach your kids the facts of life!


8 comments:

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc said...

My children never cease to amaze me! It is a true adventure being a dad.

Donna said...

Oh, I love reading your blog! I don't think to hunt for it often, but it always brings smiles. You have a very precious family, and we are certainly blessed to be able to call you friends. We love you!

Gran said...

I love your post. You did a good job and that Mariah is a mess.

Abigail and Lydia said...

That cracks me up! Tell Malachi that "Lebi" is sorry!
Kellie

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hi Momma!

What would we do without our Mariah!?
I love you!

McKenzie Elizabeth

Carrington Faith said...

The shirt that Mariah has on in the last picture is my old shirt! :)


Love,

Carrington

Kathy - mom of many said...

Great memories you are forging. Happy birthday to McKenzie. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog following my mom's passing.