Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sixteen Weeks!

I almost missed sixteen weeks! I had an appointment on Monday (the day I turned 16 weeks.) The baby's heart beat sounded good and I have certainly gained plenty of weight! :>) Everything is going well. I am feeling better for the most part. I only get sick feeling if I don't eat or if I eat something too heavy. I have energy during the day, but by evening I am ready to lay down (and of course as any mom knows,I don't get to!) Here is a description of week sixteen that I copied off the Internet. It is always so fascinating to read.

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My next appointment is the "big" ultrasound. It is always so much fun. Our first baby we didn't find out the sex. The rest of them we did because my husband just can't wait. I think it would be fun to wait this time. I haven't convinced him. We may compromise and find out and not tell anyone else. We are still very undecided on a name. We are all "M's", so it limits us. Ideas are welcome!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You opened the door ;*)... I had a babysitter named Melanie when I was growing up... she was a very nice girl and I think Melanie is a very pretty name... no pressure, of course. :*)

Abigail and Lydia said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I agree with the commenter above. I like Melanie! : )
Lydia