Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Mariah!!!

It is hard to believe that our little Mariah Noel is 8 years old! I remember the night she was born like it was yesterday. We were celebrating Matthew's 7th birthday and I was 9 months pregnant with Mariah. I had a midwife appointment that morning. I took Matthew with me because I wanted to be with him for his birthday. My midwife checked me and said I was 5 cm and that I could go on to the hospital if I wanted to since I was contracting a good bit. I told her I really wanted to go home to celebrate his birthday first! We went home and had cake and presents. Late that evening the contractions got worse and because it was raining Marc thought we needed to go ahead and make the 30 minute ride to the hospital. We got there around 10:00 and Mariah entered the world around 2 A.M. Her birth was so peaceful being in the middle of the night. It was just me, Marc and our midwife there. Out of my four natural deliveries hers was the easiest. We just missed the tax break, but she made the newspaper for being the first baby born at that hospital in 2003! She has had her picture taken with this New Year's crown every year since she was born!

On my childrens' birthdays I always let them pick what we have for dinner and what kind of cake. Last year she told me that she wanted an oreo milkshake. This year she asked for one again! She is my kind of girl! :>)

Mariah is full of energy and personality. She is one of our most content children. When I asked her what she wanted for Christmas this year she said, "I want silly bands, a bubble gum pack and high heels!" When I clean out bedrooms and closets she is always the one that is willing to part with her stuff. I told her last night that I didn't want her to turn 8. She said, "Why mama? It's not like I am a woman or something!" She has been lots of fun and brings lots of laughter to our family!

We love you Mariah and pray the Lord's blessing on you this year!
May God fill your home with joy and laughter all your days. And may the peace of God keep your heart always in Christ Jesus.

"A merry heart does good, like medicine..." Proverbs 17:22

2 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Happy Birthday Mariah! I never realized how many birthdays you have so close together :-)

Happy New Year to you all!

Gran said...

Happy birthday to a special girl. You have brought laughter to my heart when I didn't feel like laughing. I love you so much.

Grandma