Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday night ramblings...

Mariah saw the post below and was horified that I put that picture of her on my blog. She said, "When I get big and have a blog, I am going to get a really ugly picture of you and put it on my blog." As she walked out of the office she said, "You ought to pay me a 'pology." She does NOT like to be laughed at. She is just so funny though! :>)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
McKenzie had her wisdom teeth removed yesterday. I think I was dreading it more than she was. Why is it that you always remember the horror stories that you hear when you have to go through something? When we got to the office I had to fill out paperwork. I literally felt like I was signing her life away! #5 on the form was that the patient could have permanent paralysis, brain damage, quadriplegia, or death. I didn't initial that one. I went up to the desk when I finished it and quietly said to the lady, "Um, you guys have never had #5 happen here, right?" She said no and that she knew it was hard signing them! After they took McKenzie back I got my books out to read. I had brought along my devotional book on Trust. One of the first pages that I read said, "Bad things happen to us because God is actually calling us to a deeper faith, one that trusts him and chooses to stay with him even when his love for us includes losses, the relinquishment of dreams and earthly hopes, and painful experiences for which there will be no remedy in this lifetime." NOT what I wanted to read at that moment! I closed my book and prayed really hard! I was very glad when it was over with and she had done well. She slept all day yesterday and stayed in the bed most of today too. Her face only looked a little puffy yesterday but today it is pretty much huge. I told her that her face hasn't been that round since she was a baby! Marc sang a chipmunk song to her tonight. She didn't think it was very funny!


This is last night when she was just a little bit swollen. Marc brought her a Chick Fil A milkshake when he got home from work.

The little kids made cards for her and had her room decorated when she got home. It has been so sweet watching them all look after her. She does so much around here, so for her to be down has been weird. I think it has made them realize how much she does! I bought a loaf of bread from the store tonight! It is bad when our bread baker is down!

The weather yesterday was so pretty and then today it rained. I am so ready for spring! I normally give haircuts on the front porch. It has been too cold out. Malachi was desperate for a haircut. He lost his mind when I made him wear the cape.

Poor little Myles is teething! He only has the 8 front teeth. His gums where his 1 year molars are trying to come in are so swollen and red. I know he is miserable.
I don't like giving Tylenol so we have been doing the homeopathic Hyland's teething tablets. I can't really tell if they are helping or not.

Well, I stayed up too late because I wanted to unwind. I guess I better get to bed. I will be up giving a pain pill in the middle of the night and I am sure my teething baby will have me up too!
Goodnight!

No comments: