Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Winter Wonderland...

Here in the south they predicted a "wintry mix" for last night. Like every other smart southerner, McKenzie and I took off for the store! Only we didn't go for bread and milk, we went for hot chocolate and the ingredients for homemade French Onion soup! :>) We rounded the corner to the bread aisle (just so we could see the shelves!) and sure enough the shelves were empty! What really cracked us up was that the little Publix bag boy was taking a picture of it! When he left the aisle I grabbed my phone and took a picture too. Too bad I can't find my cord to upload it! Everyone at the check out was buzzing about our "winter storm" coming and that they had already closed schools. I guess because I grew up in the north I thought it was funny! Now don't get me wrong, I HATE cold weather! I am a blue sky, sunshine, flip- flop wearing kind of gal! I like to run (and sweat!), ride bikes, plant flowers and be outside. This weather is the pits! Sure enough, we woke up this morning to our "wintry mix" all over everything! Ugh!

Poor little Madeline hates the cold as much as I do!Matt on a rare occasion wearing a coat! He thinks short sleeves and bare feet are for year round.

Seems kind of unfair that the old horse is out in the weather and "Princess Candy" is in the stall with her coat on!




Yesterday knowing that the bad weather was coming we wanted to get outside for some exercise. My parents gave McKenzie, Matthew and I new bikes for Christmas. I didn't want to ride mine until I made sure it would fit my baby seat. We have an old bike that Matthew literally built from other old bike parts. I told McKenzie I would ride that one. We were only going to go a little ways. We headed down the road and all of the sudden Matthew came whizzing by. So, McKenzie and Matthew were both on their new bikes and I was on the old one. He (being the male that he is) led the way and we rode and we rode and we rode! We ended up about 4 1/2 miles down the road! We started to turn around and head back and I realized my front tire was flat! We were in the middle of NOWHERE and I didn't remember to bring my phone! I literally was riding on the rim and it was very hard! Matthew kept hollering at me that if I wasn't so stubborn I would have listened to him when he said the baby seat would fit my new bike! While he charged ahead I kept pedaling feeling like I was going to die! It wasn't until we were almost home that Matthew told me the bike seat I was riding was from his bicycle he had when he was about 8!

Well, unlike the rest of the county, we have school today at our house! I better get back to work! Hope this weather warms up soon and I will have a more cheerful post next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your horses are SO pretty!
LOVE the pictures of them!

Kathy - mom of many said...

I'm surprised you were prepared clothing-wise for the cold weather. It always catches me by surprise and I have to scramble for long-sleeves and sweaters for the children. We just don't have that kind of clothes in every size for every year because it typically doesn't get very cold. I'm like you, I prefer the warm, flip-flop weather.