Monday, January 31, 2011

Busy Days...

"A happy Christian home is a tiny cirlce of heaven on earth. In it our children learn of God's eternal truths and values; they learn of His claims on their lives." - Ella May Miller, Happiness in Homemaking



I read this quote this evening and it made me start thinking about my home. Is it a "happy Christian home"? I was talking with a friend of mine this afternoon. She is a homeschooling mother too, and she has a new baby. She has been feeling overwhelmed and discouraged lately. A new baby consumes a lot of time! Raising children and homeschooling takes a lot of time and a ton of energy! There are lots of days when I feel inadequate for the job! I think we should be hardworking, but I also don't want to get so caught up in accomplishing my "to do" list that I miss out on the little joys everyday! Just this past Friday I glanced at the clock and said, "Wow, it is later than I thought! We aren't accomplishing much!" McKenzie said, "Well, we are having fun. Besides, it's Friday!" Of course that has to be balanced. You do have to get your school work done. You can't ignore a dirty kitchen and the piles and piles of laundry. I think our attitude is what can make the home happy... or not. Nancy Campbell with Above Rubies wrote an encouragement the other day on facebook. She said that she had blown it that morning by saying something negative. She talked about how one negative word can tear down our husband and children and how it takes a lot to build them up. I like to write scripture or other encouragements and stick them on the bathroom mirrors. I recently wrote one that ended with, "How can you be a blessing to someone today?" The children were discussing it at the lunch table. Madeline said, "I fed the horses for McKenzie this morning." Mariah said, "I am going to try to have a good attitude for mama, but it is going to be hard!" I agree, some days it is very hard! I pray that my home will be a "tiny circle of heaven on earth!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew had a dissection in Biology last week. It really grossed me out! McKenzie has to do a cow eye for Anatomy this week and for some reason it doesn't seem nearly as gross.







He had quite the audience.



Myles loves books! He will sit and look at his books forever! (Notice the book is upside down!:>)

McKenzie made frozen banana treats with them last Friday. Yep, that was one of the fun things they did that day! :)



Wow, it is late. I have got to go to bed! Otherwise my home might not be so happy tomorrow!

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Giann said...

Haha... I dissected a cow's eyeball in the first grade!! It was so cool!! My biology class dissected a worm two weeks ago and this week it's the crawfish....I love dissecting things, so I don't mind! ;)
That is such a cute picture of Myles!! And I love Malachi's shirt...so cute!