Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Matthew!!!

Fifteen years ago today the Lord blessed us with our first son. Matthew Edward Fletcher entered the world on New Year's Eve. I can't believe that little baby is now a huge teenage boy! At almost 6'3" I can't call him my "little boy" anymore! I thought in honor of his birthday I would write some things about him.

- He is loyal.
- He has a calm personality.
- He is smart.
- He doesn't mind getting roaches and other nasty things for me!
- He tolerates his sisters well ( most of the time.)
- He entertains his little brothers.
- He never complains about having to share a room with his 4 year old brother.
- He is very gentle with the baby.
- He is my handyman when Marc isn't here.
- He loves baseball and building stuff.
- He likes airplanes.
- He has never caused us one bit of trouble! You can't say that about a lot of teenagers these days!
We love you Matthew and hope that this is a great year for you!

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:9-11

1 comment:

Abigail and Lydia said...

What a blessing he is and oh, how we love him. I think the reason I love him so much is that he reminds me of his grandpa. I love to talk to him one on one and he seems to enjoy it too. We are so proud of him. Girls have been messing with my blog. Tis is from Grandma and Grandpa.