Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Saying goodbye to grandpa..... for now

We have had the care of my dad over the spring and summer.  He recently left to go stay with my sister for a while.  As much as I needed a break from the extra load, we were sad to see him go.  I am so thankful for the memories we made with him and that he got to watch Macheus change so much over the past five months. I am also very glad that my sister and I can share the responsibility.  I know a lot of people don't have that. My dad can be a handful sometimes, but he is a very sweet grandpa.  Losing my mom has made me realize how fast life can change and that I need to cherish this time with him.

1 comment:

Donna said...

You'll never have any regrets about having done all you could do to make him happy... Through the good and the hard times, your love has stood strong for him. You and your family will have memories to cherish forever. I'm reliving so many of my memories now of my sister... Although it was awfully hard going up there every month, I sure wish she was here so I could do it again! Things have changed so much for me (for us) in the past year or so...