Thursday, September 26, 2013

Raising Children...

"I real­ized that it wasn’t all about me. My chil­dren sin because they are sin­ners. They don’t do it to get me mad. They fell with Adam, just like I did. And so they will strug­gle with obe­di­ence and lov­ing and self­ish­ness. Just like me."
 
I read this quote the other day and wrote it down.  I don't remember where I read it now to give credit, but I thought it was a good reminder. These little (and not so little) lives that we shape each day can be so exhausting.  When I look at it with my eyes on eternity it changes my perspective.  It is so easy to take my eyes off of that though!
                                             (I sure do love these seven people!)
 
  "All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children."  Isaiah 54:13

5 comments:

Momma Bug said...

Is your Myles' birthday really September 21? My Bryce turned 4 on September 20!
Sigh...
Such a fun fun age! I just love having sons - who would have known all the chuckles that could be wrapped up in such a rowdy package :-D

The Pauls' Family said...

So well said and so true!!!

Marc said...

Could not agree more. I have often said that being a father and a husband are the two hardest jobs one can have but none more rewarding.

Love you,

Marc

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Keeping our eyes on eternity sure does change our perspective... I've been learning that a lot lately!

Marcy said...

Momma Bug- Myles' birthday is actually on the 20th. I was a day late posting his birthday pics. :)