Sunday, October 20, 2013

Feeling very thankful tonight......

Life is crazy fast, packed way too full and I often get overwhelmed at how I'm going to get it all done.  I often get grouchy and take it out on the ones that I love the most.  This evening as I sat down to spend some time with my second born daughter, I thought about how fleeting childhood is.  We are reading Beautiful Girlhood and doing the companion study guide together.  I read the chapter about girlhood slipping away and could hear the bustling upstairs of my oldest daughter.  I could hear the laughter of my youngest daughter grading some schoolwork with my husband in the living room, and I knew my three little boys were tucked safely in bed.  (Not sure where my oldest boy was. :o)  Anyway, back to the book study....  I remember, not so long ago, reading this same book with McKenzie.  I remember how we would sit down to read it and she would get so frustrated when the topic would often be something that she had been struggling with! :o)  I am so incredibly thankful that despite the mistakes we have made, the blundering along the way, the heartache she has had to go through at times, that she has grown into the wonderful, Godly young lady that she is today. I am very thankful for all of my children.  They aren't perfect, but they are all such good kids.  I have a faithful husband that loves the Lord and strives HARD after His ways.  He leads our family and I never doubt his love and devotion to me or to our children.  This post was completely unplanned and random, but as I sat here thinking about how blessed I am I knew I needed to write it down.

Good night!

No comments: