Thursday, March 21, 2013

The little things.....

 mean so much to children.
It was the ending of a typical busy homeschooling day.  There was laundry that needed to be put away, school work to grade, baths to be given, family Bible time to do, and kids to put to bed.  I knew something was "up" earlier that day when I saw Mariah busily cutting up paper into squares.  I have seen my children make "tickets" to more shows than I can count!  I looked at her and said, "Make sure you clean up your mess."  I barely listened to her when she said something about charging $1 for the show.
 I was sitting on the couch nursing Macheus with my mind on the things I needed to get done.  Marc came in and said,  "I know you have a million things to do right now, but I think it is important for us to go watch their show."  I didn't realize that Mariah and Malachi had already set up for it outside and had managed to get $1 from everyone!  Marc had even paid my way! :o)
 So.... Macheus and I wrapped up and trooped outside to our seats!
 The "big kids" were good sports and came too.  (They didn't really have a choice.  We have watched MANY of their shows over the years! :o)
We all laughed and laughed as the two of them sang hymns to the top of their lungs and played the "guitar" (baseball bat) and "drums" (bucket and sticks).  They didn't seem to mind us laughing. :o)
 Mariah's get-up was amazing! :o)  The girl ADORES high heels!
Daddy enjoying the show.
Sweet little Macheus.

Yes, we were late getting everything done that evening but the memories that we have are priceless.  What did they do with the money they made???  They spent it on a carton of Bryers ice cream. :o)

5 comments:

Momma Bug said...

Awe Friend,

Thank you for your comment on my blog.
Your crew is just lovely and that Macheus - he is scrumptious!

My Bryce Endurance is 3 and he is our baby hog. Will sit with Miles for a half hour talking to him and stroking his head and talking about the frogs they're going to hunt together :-)

I have a Truth also - Carolina Truth. Now I'm curious about your other middle names! I really enjoyed reading Macheus' story and the choosing of his name.
I love Trust ~ how wonderful and what a sweet testimony.

It is a delight to have a peek into your family.

blessing and hugs
~Analene

Abigail and Lydia said...

That is so sweet! I told you before that Mariah reminds me of Lydia! Remember Lydia saying that she wanted "high heels up to the sky"!
Kellie

Marie said...

Just priceless!!! Thank you for sharing :)

The Pauls' Family said...

So true....little things make lasting memories! Oh and BTW, love the John Deere tractor blanket :)

Sharon K said...

What a lovely day for making memories. Thank you for sharing. :)