Saturday, March 9, 2013

Growing up...

It is Saturday morning and I am at home with my youngest four children.  The oldest two girls both had babysitting jobs today,  and Marc took Matthew out of town to take the SAT.  Maybe it is partly due to postpartum hormones, but it always makes me sad when there are little life changes with my children.  I remember when McKenzie started her first "real" job teaching piano lessons at a studio in town.  You would have thought she was moving to Africa! :o)  I remember being excited for her but sad that she was actually old enough to be doing something like that!
Matthew has been preparing for the SAT for months now and talking about college and what he wants to study.  It wasn't until last night that it hit me that 'little" Matthew is old enough to be thinking about those things!  I remember his 1st grade year like it was yesterday.  Laying in his bedroom floor teaching him to read.  I was pregnant with Mariah and he quietly said,  "You are really huge." :o)  Where did that little boy go!?! 
I wasn't alone in my sad feelings though.  McKenzie was a little blue thinking about him being in college too. They have always been really close.  Most people think of Matthew being protective of his sisters (and he is!), but I tell you.........  McKenzie would be vicious if anyone messed with Matthew! :o)
 
 Studying hard.........

My oldest two being goofy.  I sure love them!
Well, I have dishes to do, laundry to put away and a newborn that needs to be fed................

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sweet...bittersweet at times too. All of your children are very close. That in itself is a big, big blessing!