Saturday, March 30, 2013

Last Easter...

McKenzie and I were just sitting here talking about my mom and wondering what she was doing in heaven today.  I wonder if they celebrate Easter there?  We were talking about the "famous" Bible people she has met.  We were laughing about the fact that as much as she loved her family, she wouldn't choose to come back and celebrate Easter with us.  I have NEVER met a grandma that loved her family as much as my mom!  It is so weird to think that she wouldn't want to come back! :o)
 
I have bittersweet memories from last Easter.  My oldest sister and her family came down that weekend.  Because our church service always lasted so long, we decided to go to my mom's on Saturday so we would have a more relaxing day to spend with family.  On Easter day we spent the afternoon with our church.  I will always regret that.  I would give anything if we had gone back to their house on Sunday too. If I had only known that was her last holiday..............
 
 We took very few pictures that day.  I cherish the one of my oldest two with their grandma.  She was so miserable that day, but for some reason she asked me to take her picture with my oldest two kids.
My dad when he was so much happier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been thankful that this weekend has been packed.  We have had so much going on that I haven't had a lot of time to sit and reflect on the sadness.  I am very thankful for our new church.  We are blessed with a wonderful pastor and a very loving church family.
Hope you all have a Blessed Easter!

No comments: