Monday, November 5, 2012

Six Months

Six months ago today my mom left this earth and entered into eternity in heaven.  In some ways the time helps, but in some ways it is still very hard.  There are times when it is like a punch in the stomach.  The holidays coming up are going to be very hard.  She always made things special and it will be really hard to fill her shoes!
There are always several times a week that I will have a fleeting thought of, "I am going to call mom and tell her about that."  Someone told me they don't think you ever get over that.  I can't imagine going through this without the hope of Christ, knowing that she is in heaven and that one day I will see her again!  As sad as it is for us, I wouldn't wish her back here!


Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I totally agree with you... I don't know how someone gets through loss without the hope of Christ.
It is such a comfort when you know your loved one is in Heaven.
Praying for you especially as the holidays come!