Monday, November 12, 2012

Randomness...

I am officially into my third trimester!  It is flying by and I really don't want it to.  I am feeling good for the most part.  I get pretty tired by the evenings and I love to crawl into my bed as early as possible.  I usually have a child or two that follows me and I end up staying up later, but it is still a great feeling to lay down!   My older children like to talk in the evenings and that is always sweet.  My younger ones have realized that if they offer to rub my feet, they usually get to stay up a little later! :o)

I had an appointment with my midwife last week.  I had the glucose test done and for some reason was anxious about it this time.  I have always passed it "with flying colors" (as my midwife says.)  I was grateful that I passed it again this time.  I guess since my last two babies were big, I just know how the nurses at the hospital like to freak out over the blood sugar thing.  The baby's heart rate was good and strong and I feel lots of movement which is always reassuring.

I have been in a "nesting" mood lately.  McKenzie and I have cleaned out a ton and have been busy painting.  We have filled our trashcan and hauled stuff to Goodwill.  It is a great feeling to get rid of stuff and get things organized.  We have most of the trim done in the downstairs and hopefully will at least get the hallway done upstairs.  Marc is being so sweet and painting the laundry room on his day off.  We painted it about two years ago and I have never been happy with the green that we used.  He is painting it khaki and it already looks better!  The kitchen and our bedroom will be next.  I want the kitchen a  darker green and our bedroom will be khaki.  I realized the other day that I have had the same bedding/curtains and wall color for 9 years!  I am ready for a change!  Thankfully, Marc doesn't care when I change things. :o)   I will try to post pictures of the results.

McKenzie got a good laugh from me trying on some of my old maternity clothes the other day.  It is so funny how much the styles change.  I have found that it is better to buy a few new things each pregnancy that you like than to have a pile of clothes you feel horrible in!  Some of my favorite finds this time are:  The black skirt in the above picture that I ordered from Old Navy.  It is called the "black Maxi-skirt".  It is very comfortable and goes with most of my tops. I got a knee length "flouncy" black skirt from Kohls that I have worn a lot.  I actually found a pair of maternity jeans that I love from Sears of all places.  I got desperate one day and went in there to see what they had.  I ended up buying the jeans, a pair of black dress pants and several shirts.  Both pair of pants have the belly band that can be rolled down and are very comfortable!  I don't want to look like a pregnant "frump" but comfort is nice too when your belly is growing! :o)
 
On a different note.... I wrote a few weeks ago about McKenzie and I being chased by a wild animal and that we thought it might have been a panther.  Well, the next week a cattle farmer that lives down the road from us stopped me one morning when I was out running.  He told me that he had seen a panther one morning right around the corner from where his property is.  That same week while I was out running (in the morning) a huge bobcat ran across the road just feet in front of me.  It really freaked me out!  Marc has ordered a can of mace for me to clip to me when I go running. 
 
Wow, this post really was random.  Marc is still painting, McKenzie is teaching one of her piano students and the rest of the kiddos are picking up pecans.  It looks like it is going to be an abundant year with pecans!  I am thankful, but it is a lot of work!  Better go get busy........

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Love your picture... you are always so beautiful!

Be safe as you are running.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, I'll be praying for you all as you make it thru your first holidays without your Mom. The holidays are always the hardest for me.