Saturday, November 17, 2012

Raising Godly Men

The following picture and link below it were shared on facebook recently.  I thought they were both good and worth sharing on my blog.
 
 
 
Marc and I fervently pray for our daughters' future spouses.  Our prayer is first that he would love the Lord with all his heart, that he would remain pure both physically and mentally and that he would love and cherish our daughter(s).  We also pray that our sons will grow up to be those kind of men!  Parenting is a FULL time job!  Going to the "right church", reading the "right books", conferences, even homeschooling isn't going to guarantee that your children "turn out right".  I think those are all important things, but it takes lots of prayer, training, communication and hard work too!  Sometimes it is humbling that the Lord has entrusted (soon to be) seven children to Marc and I to raise.  I pray that with His grace they will all grow up to love Him with all of their hearts and live their lives honoring to Him! 
 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4

1 comment:

Lisa Jacobson said...

I just happened to stumble on your blog and I'm so glad! What a blessing to see your sweet family. (And imagine my surprise when I saw my link here? Thank you for sharing!)

Grateful for the ministry you have here and in your home,
Lisa Jacobson
Club31Women.com