Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday morning ramblings...

It is Sunday morning and I am home alone.  Well, Macheus is here but he is fast asleep.  It is a very rare, quiet moment.  Macheus has had a really hard week trying to cut his first molar.  I am worn out and woke up with a  headache so we stayed home.  The rest of the crew went to visit a local country church.  Our favorite place to worship is over an hour away, so we are doing that about every other week.
 

The summer is speeding by and our days are FULL!  Wedding plans are coming together but it pretty much dominates my mind these days.  Marc and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary last week and it was almost like,  "Oh, it's our anniversary.  I guess we should go out." :o)  We went out to eat and then went............. WEDDING SHOPPING!  We have an overnight trip planned, but because of some things going on at his job we haven't been able to go yet.  Hopefully soon.



Yesterday some out of town friends hosted a bridal shower for McKenzie.  It was close to the town where my mom lived so several of her friends were there.  It was a bittersweet day thinking about how much she would have loved to have been there.  Lots of old friends were there.  It was kind of surreal seeing McKenzie with some of her childhood friends all grown up.  I will post pictures and write more about that on another day.



I have spent my summer trying to clean out and haul things to dump or to Goodwill.  As I clean out, McKenzie brings in. :o)  She has collected household things over her teen years .  Her hope chest overflowed into boxes.  She has been busy packing things up getting it ready to move.  She was sitting in the middle of her bedroom floor with boxes and stuff all around her the other day.  Matthew walked in and said,  'What are you doing!?"  I think it hit him that she is really leaving.  They have always been very close.  The downside to a close knit family is it is hard watching them grow up and move on. :(


We live in a farming community.  It is always fun watching the land across from us to see what they will plant.  Most years it is cotton or peanuts.  This year it was watermelon!  It was neat watching a bee keeper bring his hives out to the field.  We never saw swarms of bees, but it made me a little nervous at first!  



They started harvesting the melons this past week.  A crew of Mexicans had quite the routine for loading the buses up!


Matthew is hoping when they finish that some will get left behind and we can glean! :o)  We have done that with the peanuts in the past.


Headed to Wal-Mart.   haha..........
 
 
Well, I guess I should go get busy.  I have enjoyed this quiet morning.  I have read my Bible, paid bills and blogged with NO interruptions! :o)  They will be home soon.
 
I'll be posting shower pictures soon!

No comments: