Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Airmail To The Moon

Today was to be a very busy day for the entire family.  Everyone was going to be going in different directions with lots of things on their "to do" list.  Then......... one broken down car changed everything.  Our productive day didn't turn out quite the way we planned.  I am always reminded of the verse "A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9
 

I was at home all day with the little boys.  Macheus is cutting a tooth (a molar!) and has been way out of sorts.  And Myles.......................  OH MY WORD!!  Let's just say the above picture sums up his day.  While standing in his "time out" he hollered at me to see if he could go play.  When I told him no  he responded with, "But I'm melting"  WHERE does a four year old (that doesn't watch television) come up with this stuff?

Later I was sitting on the couch with him scolding him for something else he had done.  He grabbed my cheeks with both of his hands and said,  "You are SO cute!"

We have a book called "Airmail To The Moon".  (If you haven't read it you need to!  It is cute!)  I told him he was making me nuts and that I was going to send him to the moon.  Later when I told him he couldn't eat something he wanted he said,  "You make me a moon and a nuts!"

                                                                  ( A tiny egg.)

This evening I just needed a break and I sent him upstairs to play by himself.  I was busy picking up the house and heard him singing hymns to the top of his lungs.  It's a good thing there are endearing moments like that or I might.......... send him airmail to the MOON!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Myles is SO cute!! He cracks me up! :) Enjoy this stage that he is in - it'll fly by so quickly!!