Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy 21st Birthday, McKenzie!

On June 4th, McKenzie turned 21 years old.   I tried not to think about the fact that this was her last birthday living at home. :(

 
She and I took off for the day to meet the lady that is doing the flowers for the wedding.  It was a very busy but fun day.  We did a little bit of shopping while we were out, and got strawberry-lemonade from Sonic.  I hate that I discovered those!  They are SO yummy!
 

That evening we came home, loaded everyone up in the van and went out to eat Mexican!  McKenzie has requested Oreo cheesecake every birthday since her sixteenth!  We had it again this year!


                                                            Sisters


This little fellow loves his big sister!  He is going to be one sad little boy come fall.


The little boys were so proud of the measuring cups they gave her! :o)


The crew (except Macheus.  He was already in the bed.)


                                             McKenzie with grandpa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it is something that mothers say every time one of their children celebrates a birthday, but I do not know where the years have gone!  It doesn't seem possible that McKenzie is already 21 years old and getting married in a few months!  I am so thankful that the Lord blessed us with her.  She was the one that made me a mama. She was the first one that made me realize how deeply you could love another human being.  Only a mother can understand that love that is so fierce that you could HURT someone for them!  We have joked many times that she is our guinea pig.  I'm sure we have made many mistakes in parenting her, but the Lord is merciful and I am very proud of the young lady she has become.

I love you, McKenzie and look forward to seeing what all the Lord has in store for you in the coming year!

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”  Jeremiah 17:7-8

No comments: