Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Busy days...

I have been slammed lately!  I am on my third week of having something to do every day!  I hate that!  I don't function well if I don't have some uninterrupted days at home.  I'm learning that I can plan all I want, but life happens.  I'm always reminded of the verse ,,,
"A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps" Proverbs 16:9


This little rice box has provided him with many hours of entertainment.  I got the idea from the home school conference last spring. It was a booth with "special needs" stuff and it was called a "tactile box".  They were selling them for $25.  I bought the little plastic tweezers that they were selling and got a plastic box for $1 and a big bag of rice from Walmart! Voila!  I had my own "tactile box".  I change out the things in it each week.  One week he had little plastic dinosaurs.  One week it was his little plastic pioneer day figurines.  I've done coins and even measuring cups.  His favorite though is to run his Thomas Trains through the rice.  Whatever works.... I just need him occupied while I work with Myles! :)

In math today we learned about fractions.  I am so thankful that teaching Myles has been pretty easy.  He catches on to his math super fast!  Reading is not quite as fast, but after Malachi I can deal with that! :)  Malachi took forever to learn to read and now the kid devours chapter books!


Now can you see why Macheus needs something to occupy him? :)


He wanted to get in on the "fraction cakes" too!


"Mommy, were you here first or the Bible?"  Oh the things they say!


This morning they all had to come show me their combed over hair!  I love these little fellows!
 

Madeline's school is on the quarter system.  She is finishing up right now.  I don't know who is more excited about her break... her or me!  She is such a perfectionist with her school work.  She is an amazing student, and I'm sure her hard work will pay off!  Matthew is on the semester system and he is so ready to be finished. He is always on the Dean's list too.  We are trucking along with our home schooling.  I still have some catching up to do with Malachi.  Because he was a late reader we went back to the basics last fall with grammar.  We are finishing up two years worth of grammar trying to get him back on track with it.  Because he is older and it was just a matter of the reading not clicking earlier, he is catching up quickly.  Makes me SO thankful for home schooling.  He hasn't been labeled and was able to learn at his own speed.  Not only is he doing well now... he is excelling!

Well, I better get busy!  I have been decluttering our house for quite a while now.  We just built a "tiny house" for Matthew to live in and he just moved out.  It freed up a bunch of space so I am shifting things around.  While I'm shifting I'm cleaning out.  I can't believe how many bags I've thrown away and hauled away to donate!  I'm not even a pack rat kind of person!  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'll post more about his house later!

~Until next time...

No comments: