Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday, Macheus Trust!

Two years ago, the Lord blessed our family with Macheus Trust.  We lost two babies before him and my mother died May of 2012.  Macheus was a bright spot in our lives for sure!

I remember the evening of February 1st watching Mary Poppins with my children.  I contracted that whole evening and was pretty miserable.  The next day I stayed in the bed until lunchtime.  I was contracting and very uncomfortable but they weren't regular.  Marc and I decided to take a power walk (and I ended up running some of it!)  I got back home and thought I was going to die when I took a shower.  We quickly loaded up and headed to the hospital.  McKenzie and Madeline both attended his birth.  It was not as easy a delivery as Myles had been, but it wasn't as bad as Malachi's!  Macheus had some transitioning issues and ended up spending a few days in the NICU.  That was a bit stressful, but we were very blessed to take home a perfectly healthy baby boy.


These two years have been filled with much joy because of Macheus (A.K.A. Baby K or Baby Mac-  His sisters really need to stop!) :o)  He always has a playmate, and he is a bit spoiled.


The morning of his birthday the girls had to go to piano lessons.  I took the boys to the park.  It was a gorgeous day but extremely windy!


When they saw the geese they took off!






The geese weren't scared of us and Macheus wasn't scared of them.  He loves water and tried to jump in several times!  He had no fear of the water last summer.  I can see swimming lessons in our future!


My sweet little guy.


 I can't imagine life without them.  It would certainly be quiet! :o)


What is a birthday (when you are two!) without Chick fil A!?  We stopped by for a quick lunch.  He spent his time dipping the same waffle fry in the ketchup and sucking it off.  I know, gross.



                                                     Mac and his fry. :o)


We headed home for nap time.  When he woke up from his nap he had birthday presents in the mail from grandparents!


It is a big deal around here if you get to lick the beater!


He sat there until it was clean!


Spaghetti for supper!


The organic chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.  Guilt free eating..... haha!


We sang "Happy Birthday" to him ALL day long.  I think he was a little confused.





             Rare treat for him!  He took it very seriously!



After bath play with big "Bubbie".  He loves his big brother! (Matthew is pretty crazy about him too!)


Happy birthday sweet boy!  We love you to pieces!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

He is so cute! He looks like a little man. It's hard to believe he's celebrating another birthday.