Friday, February 27, 2015

LiFe...

Often times when my blog is quiet it means my life is busy.  That has been the case these past two weeks!  That and the fact that I still don't have my desktop back.  I didn't realize how much I depended on my computer.  Using laptops and the iPad are just not the same to me! I am supposed to get my computer back in a few days.  We'll see.....  This is what happens when you have a friend working on it for you! :)

I got my new refrigerator last week.  The girls and I all realize now that our stuff is ice cold just how bad that other fridge had gotten. I sure am glad it bit the dust during our goats' "dry" time!  I can't imagine not having two refrigerators when all of that milk starts coming in!

Speaking of goats....  This will be our first kidding season without Mckenzie here.  We have four or five pregnant does out there.  We plan on selling one of the lower producers after she kids.  Unless the girls get attached to one of the doelings, the plan is to sell ALL the babies this year.  They always sell really fast and it makes things much simpler.  Bottle feeding a pen full of baby goats is time consuming! We sold our buck this winter, so that was a big relief to get him out of here.  He was really aggressive and I worried one of the little guys was going to get hurt. Downside is we will have to get a buck before next fall for breeding.  Hopefully we can find one that isn't quite so mean!

This past week we all (except Matthew) loaded up and went on a business trip with Marc.  We are studying Georgia history this year so took advantage of the opportunity to explore Savannah.  The cemeteries were by far my favorite part.  I took lots of pictures, but haven't put any on my computer yet.  I will post more about that trip later.  It was fun and I am glad we went, but it was exhausting with the two,youngest.  We stayed in a suite, but even without our two oldest it felt so crowded.  This was our first trip without Mckenize and Matt.  Matthew had classes so he couldn't go.  It was hard pulling out with him standing there. We are so used to doing everything as a family.

Madeline and I went shopping tonight and she made a comment that she wished Matthew was home more.  She said it felt like she lost both of the older kids at the same time.  In some ways she did.  Matthew started college classes back up in the fall and has two part time jobs.  It has been sweet seeing her and Matthew grow closer now that they are the two oldest.  Mariah is going through a tough spot right now being at that in between age.  That and her "middle child syndrome" are making for some interesting times! :). They all go through some tough spots and we will get through this too.  When people ask me if I think raising boys or girls is the hardest, my answer is boys are harder when they are little, but girls are harder as teenagers.  Children are all so different too though.  I am amazed at how different each of my children are.  I love their unique personalities and what they bring to the family.  Each one is special!

Back to our shopping....... :). We found some great deals tonight! Unless we are shopping for something specific (like someone needs a new pair of shoes, or jeans etc.) we put our blinders on and hit the clearance racks.  Sale racks aren't enough, it has to be clearance.  I bought Madeline several new sweaters and tops for $6 each at Belks.  I have nothing against thrift stores (my girls have found some cute things thrifting), but I would much rather hit a clearance rack and find new things for those prices!  We often buy things out of season which isn't fun at the moment, but when that next season rolls around it sure is nice pulling out those new things that cost a fraction of what they would cost in season.  

Well, once again I am sitting here blogging really late.  Everyone but my night owl son are in the bed.  He is watching Milltown Pride for the who knows how many times!  He would be in here talking to me but Marc is NOT a night owl and runs him off.

Good night!

No comments: