Saturday, January 31, 2015

Memories...

Well, I figured if I went to chrome I could get my pictures to upload!  I wanted to post some sweet memories from over the holidays.

McKenzie was sad that she was missing out on family birthdays.  She asked me about doing something special for Mariah while she was here for Christmas.  A couple days before Christmas I took Matthew and Mariah out to finish their shopping.  It was a great excuse to get her out of the house so McKenzie and Madeline could set things up.  Mariah loves ALL things sweet (She comes by that naturally!), and McKenzie had the idea to do a snowflake themed hot chocolate bar.  She had every topping imaginable!


 Mariah was very surprised when we walked in.  Everything looked so pretty!
 My heart is happy when I see my children having fun with each other and loving each other!


                                       I sure do love these girls!


After Christmas Madeline went home with McKenzie for a few days.  They had a great time visiting and running around together!  I am so grateful that she is close enough to still get to spend time with her!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                   ~Deer Season~
So, I used to think the whole hunting thing was strange and eating deer was gross!  Then I got tired of the price of grass fed beef! :o)  We were blessed last year with an entire grass fed cow put in our freezer!  It has been wonderful to have, because I sure couldn't afford organic meat at the grocery store!

Several years ago Marc and Matt started deer hunting.  We had some friends that showed them the ropes with processing it themselves.  It is kind of cool that they can now go out and kill a deer and several days later my freezer has meat in it!  (I have NOTHING to do with any part of it except cooking!)

                                               Malachi going on a hunt with daddy!


And.......... they came home with a deer!


This was a funny story.  The back of our property is wooded behind the barn.  Madeline told Matt she would go hunting back there with him.  She walked back there one evening and waited on Matt to come.  He literally walked back there, she whispered,  "Look over there."  He watched it until he had a good shot and he got his first deer of the season!   Easiest hunt ever! :o)


                                                  She is a pretty cute hunter!



Another night Matthew went hunting down the road from us.  He was determined to get another deer so he could give some meat to McKenzie and Daniel.  He came home with another one!  We were definitely blessed this year!


I can't believe that January is gone!  It has been a cold one and I am glad to see it go!  We have had sunny days in the 50's this week.  I am looking forward to spring!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm just like you. All I do is cook the venison-nothing else. 😁