Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 19th Birthday, Matthew!

On New Year's Even nineteen years ago I sat snuggling my newborn baby boy.  It is hard to believe that he is grown!  I couldn't be more proud of the Godly young man that he has become.  I have seen him grow and mature so much in the past two years.  He went from being a boy that just went along with what his parents taught and believed to a man questioning things and having a faith of his own.  The last few years have been hard in some ways for our family.  Years full of changes and some trials.  One thing that has been hard is trying to find a church home.  One positive that has come from being in different churches though is our oldest children have learned the importance of evangelism.  My "introvert" son has turned into a man that doesn't mind standing alone,  talking about his faith or passing out tracts.  His coworkers and classmates know he is different and Matthew doesn't mind that.
I am so thankful that he comes home after being out in the world and talks about the things he has encountered.  He doesn't waver from what is good and right.  We are proud of his A's in his college courses, but we are even more proud of his character!

 
 
 At our house we have the tradition that the person having the birthday picks the meal and dessert.  Matthew usually picks fried fish, but this year he requested "Five Guys Burgers and Fries".  It made things easy on me!  I thought he would just go with his daddy while I got things ready at the house for our New Year's Eve/birthday celebration, but he wanted me and Malachi to go too. :o)


 
He asked me to make a butter finger ice cream cake.  I had to google that one!




Yes, that "9" is an upside down "6"!  You never know what numbers you will find in our kitchen drawer! :o)



Myles is ALWAYS the helper at birthdays. :o)


Like every year we eat Chex mix, have birthday dessert and watch movies.  At midnight Matthew went outside and lit some fire crackers and shot his gun.  I think we woke up our entire tiny town! :o)

Matthew,

My prayer for you on this birthday is that you will always know your parents love for you and most importantly your heavenly Father's inexhaustible love for you.

"that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,  may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

I pray that you will stay close to God's side even when it is the road less traveled and you feel alone.  I pray that you will live with conviction and always stand for TRUTH.
I pray that the Lord continues to bless you and keep you safe, both physically and spiritually!

I love you!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Just wanted to add Birthday wishes for another blessed year! It looks like it was a fun time at the party--family times are the best! :-)

Grace & Peace for the New Year!

Matthew