Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Weekend Pt1


Easter is my favorite time of the year.  Because it was my mom's last holiday before she died, it is also a sad time now.  Last year was really hard trying to keep with some of the traditions.  This year I decided to do things a little bit different.

        (These are eggs from our own chickens.  I think they are pretty just like they are!)

Last night I took my dad and some of my children to the town where my parents used to live and we went to their old church to see an Easter play. It was filled with so many memories.  I remember lots of years going to that play and my mom keeping whoever was the baby that particular year.  My sister met us there and we were talking about how we would give anything to be able to go spend the night afterwards,  Instead we loaded up and went to Chick fil A for supper and then parted ways to head back to our own towns.  It was a fun but bittersweet evening.

 
Today it has rained nonstop all day long.  I stayed up way too late last night talking to McKenzie and today I am paying for it.  I decided today would be a good day to let the kids color eggs.  It was almost humorous doing it.  I remember when McKenzie and Matthew were little.  When they colored eggs everything was perfect.  They even had to be dressed cute for pictures.  When I mentioned coloring eggs Myles and Malachi started bouncing off the walls.  It was crazy getting it all done and they were "helping" so much! I also laughed at the fact that not only was Myles still in his pajamas, but he didn't even have on a matching set. :o)  But you know what?  We got it done and they had a blast!


                                                  It was serious business.



 
Looking like he wishes that I would quit taking pictures.


 
Malachi

        

 
The girls got in on the fun too!

 
The finished product!

 
In the past I have bought white eggs from the grocery store for us to color.  Last year we discovered that our brown eggs are so much prettier to dye!  Madeline's hens are laying an enormous amount of eggs right now so we had plenty to color!


"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed." 1 Peter 2:24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandma died April 1st last year and Easter was in march so Same here! I LOVE Easter! Have a great week!
Hannah