Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Busy days

It's 2:30 in the afternoon, on a weekday.  Usually this is a really noisy and busy time of day. Today is is unusually quiet......... for the moment anyway.



Today.......

Mariah is finishing her standardized testing.  I am killing time because I don't want to buzz around the house and distract her. 

Marc and Matthew are tearing down and redoing our front porch.  It started out as just putting up new handrails and stairs but has turned into a bigger project when he realized some of the big supporting posts were rotted.  I had to shut the front door because they have the Braves game blaring on the radio. :o)
(Weather beaten steps)

Malachi and Myles are playing outside together.  They play great together and fight hard all at the same time.  Right now........... it seems all is peaceful with them.


McKenzie and Madeline are spending the afternoon shopping together.  I love that they enjoy each other.


Macheus had a late lunch and bath and is busy playing in his playroom.  Right now he is quiet enough that I don't think he is distracting Mariah.  That could change at any moment.


Grandpa (my dad) is listening to his radio program.  It occupies a lot of his day.  Mariah spent lunchtime with him playing a game of checkers.

Earlier today we had a couple of construction guys here doing a granite repair in the kitchen.  Glad that is done.  I hate having repairmen in my house.

When testing is complete for the day I plan on making a couple of phone calls for wedding planning and then I have a bin of clothes that I need to go through.  Clothing takes up such a large part of my life!  Going through to see what fits who, sorting through seasons, what to keep, what to pass on to someone else, daily laundry.  It is never ending.

I have so many projects that I want to do.  My video camera has been missing since September.  I have a large walk-in closet in my bedroom that I need to go through and see if it is in there.  That is my last hope.  If it's not in there I am buying another one.  I have birthday pictures of Madeline and Mariah that I need to print and put in pages in their albums.  I need to start planning my school year for next year.  My "to do" list is always a mile long!

Well, her time is almost up so I guess I better get busy!  I actually enjoy testing because it forces me to be still and quiet for a little while!  One more day and we will be finished, and I can get it in the mail.  That will be one thing crossed off my "to do" list!

No comments: