Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Pt 2

Another Easter has come and gone.  I love Easter, springtime, warm weather, light airy clothing, flip-flops, cold food and spending time outside.  This is by far, my favorite time of the year!
 
We took "just a few" pictures!  When you have daughters that are picking up the camera and snapping just as many as you do, you end up with hundreds of pictures! 
 
Many years ago we switched doing Easter baskets from Sunday morning to Saturday.  I don't think there is anything wrong with doing fun things with your kids on holidays, but we wanted the focus of Easter morning to be on the Resurrection.
This year as I filled this little pink basket, I couldn't help but be a little sad knowing it would be my last time.  I have filled it for the past twenty years!  I remember when it held McKenzie's baby socks!
 

                                                            Seven


Knowing how fast they grow up, makes me slow down and soak up these little moments.



He was much more interested in the grass!


 
    Myles - always in some sort of dress-up clothes..... even early on Saturday morning.

 
                                      Malachi- always smiling.


                                                         Mariah


                                                             Madeline

 
McKenzie

 
Matthew didn't get his basket until Saturday night.  He had already left for work when they were getting their baskets.  Growing up is hard on the parents. :o)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                              Easter morning-  wet head.



                                                   Sweet little fellows.

 
My handsome man. :o)



Mariah and her "mini me".  He reminds me so much of her when she was a baby!

 
My girls.

 
Madeline

 
McKenzie-  She sure loves her little brothers. :o)


                                                The guys.

 
Playing in the grass after church.



Grandpa with Macheus.  I know these pictures will be a treasure one day.


                              A very sleepy Myles after church.

 
All the kids with grandpa. We have Easter pictures of my kids with my parents in their front yard every single year up until my mom died.



                               I sure love these seven people!

 

                                  My biggest and littlest boys.



                         I think I lost them by this point.

 
McKenzie and Daniel.


 My mom always made a bunny cake for the kids.  I started last year keeping with the tradition, only I let them do ALL of the decorating. :o)  It was quite lovely but they were pleased!


Well, that was just a few of our pictures! :o)

No comments: