Monday, January 27, 2014

Feeding Macheus

None of my babies have been early eaters.  I don't usually even try until they are over six months old, have at least one tooth (I read something about teeth being a prerequisite to digestion), and they are sitting up well.  A few of my babies picked right up with eating solids and would eat most anything, and the others not so much!  Macheus falls into the latter category. :o)
 
He sat up really early but was a little later cutting teeth.  Because he had such a difficult time teething, I held off introducing solids until he was a little older.  I guess the first time I tried to feed him something was about 9 months.


Not only does he not enjoy eating, he has an aversion to it!  If I push him at all, he usually cries and ends up vomiting! 


Of course, he still nurses well! :o)  I have tried waiting until he was hungry, I have tried offering after he has nursed, I have tried morning, noon and night.  The kid just doesn't want to eat!



Mariah was a lot like this except I don't remember her gagging like he does.

 
We have tried baby food and table food.  We have tired lots of different textures.  We have tried bland food and food with flavor.


I gave him this little bowl to see if he would eat any of it on his own.  (It was chili and then I tried putting a little bit of baby food carrots in it.  He wouldn't eat it either way.)


The food on his face is from when I tried to feed him a bite and he would jerk his head around and make a big mess.  I don't enjoy feeding babies! :o)



Not only did he not want to eat it, he almost had a disgusted look on his face! haha


Watching his brother playing outside.  (Probably wishing he could go out too!)



I know he won't nurse forever and eventually he WILL eat something else.



As I was typing this post I looked down at him on the floor beside me.  He was eating an eraser!  Go figure!

Nothing lasts forever........

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

such great pictures...he is such a cutie!