Thursday, May 19, 2011

McKenzie's Graduation Day

On Friday we met some friends at the church to set up for the graduation ceremony on Saturday. It was a huge blessing to have so many people willing to help.





McKenzie, Madeline and Madison (a friend from church) working hard in the kitchen.



A very talented and creative friend of mine suggested that I use clay pots and Gerber daisies to put on the tables. I waited until the day before to get the daisies to make sure they were blooming. I looked at Lowes, Wal-Mart and Ace and couldn't find any! I was so stressed out. I went into Publix to get some things for the reception and there sitting in the floral department were.... Gerber daisies! It was like the Lord put them there just for me! :)

Two ladies from church working on the tables. I think everything turned out so pretty. We wanted it to look nice yet fun.


Our pastor spoke and gave McKenzie a "charge". He did a great job. There were several different men including my dad that prayed during the ceremony. It was a very special day!




Marc spoke for a few minutes after our pastor. He talked more about the past. It was a sweet time of reflecting on memories of when McKenzie was growing up.
Here is Marc giving McKenzie her diploma.


Her piano teacher was there and we combined graduation with her senior piano recital. McKenzie played some hymns and classical pieces that she has been working on.

McKenzie's friend Becca made this cake from a picture. Didn't she do a great job!?






McKenzie with my parents....



and with Marc's parents.
This is a lady in our church that everyone affectionately calls "Aunt Donna". McKenzie has been quilting with her once a week since she was fourteen years old. She has been one of her best friends during her teen years.


McKenzie was pretty down that her closest cousin wasn't going to be at her graduation. They live in Kentucky and couldn't make the trip. I found out one of her friends that she met four or five years ago at the Vision Forum Father/Daughter retreat was going to come. I kept it a secret and she was very surprised when Julia's family walked in!

It was a very special weekend and I think she will have lots of good memories!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited tofollow my blog

Donna said...

I think everything went wonderfully well... Such a sweet, sweet spirit was there. You should have posted one of the many that Daniel took of Marc trying hard not to cry (yeah, Marc would probably have gotten you!).

Thank you for all the years you have shared your very special daughter with me. She has grown into such a loving, godly young woman. Makes me kind of sad thinking how the years have flown... but I am looking forward to her future to see what the Lord has in store. She is a wonderful blessing to me!