Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Spring Sunday Afternoon

This is our favorite time of year. We have been busy planting our garden and some flowers. I got my love of flowers from my dad and his mother. Now that I am older, I often think of my dad's parents and wish that I could have known them. They raised nine children on a farm. I can only imagine the stories and advice that she could have shared with me! I wish I knew more about gardening, but I learn a little more each year.




This rose bush produces the most gorgeous pink roses all summer long, but it always gets black spot. I have tried sprays (which smell SO bad- I wish there was something a little less toxic!) but they don't work. Any gardeners out there with advice???


When we got home from church the children played outside all afternoon. At bedtime we brought in very dirty, tired children! They should all sleep well!

Hope you all have a good week!

1 comment:

Kathy - mom of many said...

Hi Marcy,
What is the small white flower in the large pot? That inspires me to put a pot on my front porch.