Monday, April 4, 2011

Meeting a blog friend and visiting with family...

A couple of weekends ago I got to meet a "blogger" in person! I have been reading "Kathy Mom of Many" for the last couple of years. I can't even remember how I stumbled upon her blog. I have several blogs that I like to keep up with, total strangers that you just enjoy taking a peek into their lives. It is a long story of how it all happened, but she and her husband (who live about 10 hours away) were traveling and stopped by to meet us. It was neat meeting them and we are looking forward to them coming back through this summer with their children. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ One of my sisters and her family moved out of state last year. They came home for Christmas, but I was sick with the flu and we didn't get to see them. They came last week and we met at our parent's house for a visit. The children were so excited to see them and were sad when the visit was over. I know McKenzie wants to do a post on her blog, so I will only post a few of the pictures! :)
This was the best picture of the two babies together. They wouldn't be still!

The boys played hard.

They wanted their own mamas!Much better... :)
The girls took tons of pictures outside.
It is late and we just got a weather announcement phone call (we live out where there aren't any weather sirens!) Bad weather is on it's way. I guess I will get off of here and go to bed!

2 comments:

Kathy - mom of many said...

Oh, you beat me to it. I'm planning on posting a picture of us too. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I spy a vintage Fisher Price School House in one of those photos. Your mom must have saved it from your childhood, right? I didn't have one, but I think my neighbor had one when I was little. I hope you got to spend a lot of time with your sister. I'm sorry to delay you in leaving your home. I enjoyed our visit. I so wish we could get together more and talk over coffee or tea. We'd have so much fun. Your book is on the way. Let me know when it arrives because I asked that it be shipped to your address. Have a great day.

Donna said...

I know the day spent at your parents brought joy and laughter to all! I'm sure the kids all loved the time together.