Friday, April 8, 2011

A Merry Heart

It has been a long week! Myles hasn't felt well and he has had a constant "whine". It is so unnerving when you are trying to get things done! Last night I was cooking supper (and trying a new, unfamiliar recipe-which probably wasn't smart) and he was really fussy. McKenzie works on Thursday nights, so I asked Madeline to take him outside. They weren't out there long until I heard him screaming. He had gotten hurt and she was bringing him back to me. I heard Malachi turning the water on outside which means one thing.... he will be filthy! Marc walked in the door and I greeted him with "PLEASE take your babies where I can't hear them!!" He was sweet and took them for a walk while I finished fixing supper. This morning has been more of the same. Fussy baby that wants to be held and a house that looks like this. Two of the girls were moody and snipping at each other. I looked at Matthew and said, "Don't you just love girls?" He (who doesn't say a whole lot) said, "When I get married I am going to make sure my wife is on that mood balancing medicine." Oh, he has a lot to learn! :>)
Malachi wanted to"help" me fix breakfast. I really wanted him out of my way! He mixed and mixed the pancake batter!


He was quite pleased with himself!





Malachi is a very happy child and likes to have a good time. He had us all laughing at breakfast with his "Bubba" teeth. I was immediately reminded of the verse "A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones." Proverbs 17:22

I love checking for daily encouragements on facebook from "Above Rubies". Today's message was pretty timely as I was not having the greatest attitude about my day. (I love Nancy Campbell and hope to hear her in person one day!)


"Do you feel "victimized" in an area of your life today? Are you battling self-pity? Christ had every reason to wallow in self-pity and He was the ultimate victim! Yet he never behaved as a victim and He continued to pour Himself out for His family! With Him as our strength, no matter what we face, we can do the same!"


So, the laundry is still there, the homeschool lessons still need to be done, children are still irritable but I CAN choose to have a good attitude! And as Nancy would say, I am going to push my sleeves up and get to work!

Hope you all have a good day!

5 comments:

Marc said...

I appreciate your dedication to our family. What a wonderful testimony you are to the world around you!

Love you always,

Marc

The Pauls' Family said...

Amen! If we can have a good attitude then things don't seem near as bad. In our Bible Study today we talked about not listening and thinking lies, but rather focus on the truths like "the joy of the Lord is my strength", "Do everything without complaining", "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God". What a difference that makes when we can focus on God instead of our troubles :)

Blessings as you go through your days desiring to live your life for God. Be encouraged :)

Rosalie

Donna said...

Praying that today will be a better day for all of you! Tell Malachi his new teeth are oh so cute!!!

Kathy - mom of many said...

Oh, I have days like that...I just want them to go where I cannot hear them. I was reading in Psalm 55 today verse 17...David prayed evening, morning and at noon. That reminded me to keep my eyes on the things above, not on the things of this earth. I can get so overwhelmed by my circumstances and just wallow in self-pity, but looking up always puts it into perspective. I decided that I will take a few minutes during the day to seek God, even if I've already had my morning devotion time, I will stop at noon-ish and just refresh. I'm praying that you have a good day today.

Kathy - mom of many said...

Hey, my word verification was "blesse" - how cool is that?