Thursday, October 28, 2010

I love this girl!


For her birthday this past June, McKenzie asked us for an ipod. We tend to shy away from things like that. I just can't stand to see a self-absorbed teenager with something plugged into their ears! Marc felt like she was old enough to make good decisions with it and he got it for her. One Friday evening, McKenzie and I went shopping. It was getting late and the baby had fallen asleep in his car seat. I left them in the van and ran into the grocery store to grab a few things. As I was walking back to the van I saw a young guy gathering the grocery carts. He had his pants falling off of his rear and an ipod plugged into his ears. I got in the van and there sat my daughter with her feet propped up on the dash and.... yes, her ipod plugged into her ears.:>) I casually asked her what she was listening to. She responded, "A Voddie Baucham sermon." Thank you Lord for a daughter that has grown into such a wonderful young lady... in spite of me!

1 comment:

Gran said...

What a beautiful young lady. You and Marc and God have done a great job with her. I am so thankful she is my granddaughter.