Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1st

During Mariah's math lesson today we were getting ready to do our "math meeting". I got the calendar out and asked her if she knew what today was. She said, "2011?" I said, "How can it be 2011 when we haven't gone through November and December yet?" She said, "Oh I know! It is November the oneth!" :>)

I have been having to deal with attitude issues with Mariah during her school work lately. If she does anything wrong, she cries. I told her today that I was going to start giving her a sticker each day that she has a good attitude, and then at the end of the week if she has five stickers she will get a prize. This evening she said, "How long do I have to have a good attitude?" I said, "Well the goal is to have a good attitude every day of your life." She said, "Oh, that will never happen." Yes, we have some work to do! :>)


Matthew is in a Boy Scout troop at our church. They recently had a big camping event where they competed against other troops. They won several things, one of which was 1st place in the uniform inspection. You gotta love those clean cut home school boys! :>)

No comments: