Monday, November 22, 2010

Hands on Homeschooling...

I hate mice, snakes, and roaches. I pay Matthew to catch mice in our barn and well house every fall. One day last week he came in and asked me how much I would pay for a snake. I don't think as much about snakes this time of year, but here in the south snakes don't really "hibernate" for the winter. We also learned that the term used for snakes hibernating is "brumation". (Not that I really care!) Anyway, he was out in the woods working on his fort and this lovely snake slithered by him!

The boys spent some time looking at our snake book trying to identify him. Matthew never could figure out for sure what kind it was but insisted it was not poisonous. Whatever! I hate them all! Whenever the girls practice the piano Myles hangs out at the baby gate and listens to them. It is so sweet. McKenzie lets him sit in her lap while she practices and he bangs while she plays.

Beethoven in training! :>)

Madeline and Mariah are studying ocean science right now. They made ocean boxes and add creatures whenever they study a new one.Homeschooling in the fall just wouldn't be complete without a leaf collage!

No comments: