Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

We have always made the same blueberry muffin recipe from the Bread Beckers cookbook. We have grown tired of them and wanted to try something different. This recipe that I found was a hit!

Blueberry oatmeal muffins:
3 1/2 c. oats
4 T Brown sugar (I used sucanat with molasses, but I think the brown sugar would have melted better.)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 c sugar (I used sucanat and it was fine in this part.)
2 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. milk
2 eggs
4T oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp grated lemon peel
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

You separate out 1/2 cup of oats mixed with the brown sugar and sprinkle it on top of the muffins before cooking. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Makes 2 dozen muffins.

Lovely art work done by none other than Malachi! Of course, mommy was gone and daddy was in charge when it happened! :>) What is really funny (or maybe not so funny...) is that I don't even care about this kind of stuff anymore! One of these days I will try to clean it off. If not, I can always paint!

Don't let the sweet smile fool you!

No comments: