Thursday, October 14, 2010

A day in my life...

It must have started with this little home project. Matthew helped to replace the corner on the house. He took the old board (there is no such thing as trash as far as Matthew is concerned!) and made a sword for Malachi out of it.




Then it turned into this...

The pictures don't do it justice. They were flying!

Madeline's newest hens started laying! She found some tiny eggs today!

We really do clean up the playroom everyday! On the other side of that white gate is a pumpkin candle. One recent evening I was burning it. Mariah blew it out to "let the baby smell it". The candle had melted into an oily wax and he got some in his mouth. After a frantic call to poison control I learned that the pumpkin scented candle from White Barn Candle Co. isn't toxic. Can you believe they have that specific of information in their computers? I have now had to call poison control for all of my boys at some point, but I don't think ever for the girls!


I love clean laundry off of the clothes line. There is a never ending flow of laundry in this house!


This evening Mariah came into the kitchen with a plastic ring on her finger and said, "Look mama, I'm engaged!" I non-chalantly said, "Who is the lucky fellow?" She told me to guess, so I said, "Prince Charming?" She very seriously said, "No. You know that is just an old woman's tale!"

I often wonder what life will be like when all of these guys are grown!? :>)


I am thankful for the six blessings the Lord has given me.

2 comments:

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Sweet post Momma! I just love that last picture of Malachi...

Blessings to you!
McKenzie

Donna said...

Yes, sweet post Marcy.... All of the pictures are good. Sweet, sweet children....sweet, sweet parents. Your family is such a blessing!